Students will contniue working on their final ZENTANGLE projects.
https://youtu.be/d3xH7z77uBU ZENTANGLE VIDEO
https://youtu.be/QG9KIo1HOF4 This is a longer video on how to start a ZENTANGLE
All students are working on an original "zentangle" design. After viewing a short video about zentangles and viewing zentangles created by other Draw/Paint students from East High School, students were given practice sheets to complete on which to create a variety of different patterns to help them gain confidence for the final project. Example sheets were given to each student of various patterns. They were given the choice to copy patterns they liked but were encouraged to create their own patterns. Careful mark making was emphasized.
Students were given various options on the final project.
1) Students could choose to create pieces that were purely comprised of different patterns.
2) Students could work using some representational imagery along with pure patterns.
3) Students could create a piece comprised of solely of representational imagery with patterns filling in the values of the imagery.
4) Students could work only in black and white or they could incorporate some color. It was encouraged that students use a limited palette.
RUBRIC - https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/277449703?access_key=key-mR1YCAxbTn67swkopHQt&allow_share=false&escape=false&show_recommendations=false&view_mode=scroll
1) Use of patterns that are small and close together so that the overall value is dark.
2) Use of patterns that are a bit larger and more widely spread so the overall value is medium.
3) Use of patterns that are quite a bit larger and spread further apart so the overall value is light.
4) At least one pattern that works from light to dark or dark to light.
5) Use of a variety of shapes and sizes in the piece so it creates interest and movement.